The HSV Pickleball Ratings Committee is once again offering skill rating clinics!
This is a FREE service to HSV Pickleball Club members, so if you’re not a Club member, you’ll need to join our club before signing up for a skill rating session.
For players interested in being skill rated at the 2.0-2.5 or 3.0 skill levels:
- Download either “self skill rating” form 2.5 Skill Assessment (PDF) or 3.0 Skill Assessment Form (PDF).
- Be sure to read the skill descriptions at the top of each page and then decide if you want to sign up for a particular rating session based on your personal assessment.
- To register for one of the clinics listed below, contact Christie Borne.
August 7 3.0 skill level 8-10 a.m.
August 21 2.0-2.5 skill level 8-10 a.m.
Each session will consist of 8 to 16 players who have rated themselves at the same skill level as you. You will play games with and against these people, with the “raters” watching. Even though you will be playing doubles, your personal skills will be evaluated. The raters will move players around during the session in order to compare you with different players. At the end of the session, you will have had a GREAT time playing pickleball – and your self-rated skill level will either be confirmed or you will be given a higher or lower skill level.
Things to remember:
1. Players should arrive at their rating session 1/2 hour early to sign in and warm up so everyone can start on time.
2. Skill Level Events will be only for those players who are rated by the Rating Committee – not just the self-rating that they give themselves.